[vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Highlights” open=”true”]
- Guided tour: learn more about Bahrain’s fascinating history
- Magnificent views from Bahrain Fort and the King Fahad Causeway
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and round-trip transport from Manama
- Private tour: undivided attention from your guide
Bahrain’s historic monuments and remarkable architecture make for some magnificent photo opportunities. On this half-day tour, explore Manama’s most memorable landmarks in the comfort of a private vehicle; stop at the UNESCO listed Bahrain Fort, Ahmed Al Fateh Grand Mosque, and Bahrain World Trade Center; and drive part of the famous King Fahad Causeway.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]What to Expect
You will be met by your English speaking guide in your hotel lobby and proceed for the tour. The first stop of the day will be at the Ahmed Al Fateh Grand Mosque. This mosque is the largest mosque in the country which can accommodate 7,000 worshipers and has been crowned with the worlds largest fiberglass dome. The next visit will be the Bait Al Quran. It is one of the island’s most attractive pieces of architecture and is the home to an immensely fair and valuable collection of Islamic manuscripts collected from all around the Islamic world.
Moving on, the tour will proceed to Bahrain National Museum. One of the first museums in the Gulf, the Bahrain National Museum opened in 1988 and its the place to learn Bahrain’s history, culture and traditions. Next, you will have brief stop by the Bahrain World Trade Center for a photo stop. The Bahrain World Trade Center is 240 m (787 ft) high and the twin tower complex located in Manama was built in 2008. It is the first skyscraper in the world to integrate wind turbines into its design.
The last visit of the day will be the King Fahad Causeway. Opened in 1986, this remarkable 25km feat of engineering links Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. The causeway traverses Umm Al Nasan Island, which is a sanctuary for wildlife and at the halfway point there is a facility area, including a tower restaurant, which you can visit even if you don’t travel the whole distance to Saudi Arabia. You will then be returned to your hotel in Manama.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Additional Info” open=”true”]
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible